Music and smut from Jefferson, providing a soundtrack to One Life, Take Two.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Venus In Furs



The Velvet Underground


This was my simple, one-song introduction to Andy Warhol, the greatest proto-glam band EVER and the finer points of masochism. Soon after hearing this song, I read the book it was based on and enjoyed it way more than my friend's graphic Sade books. ‘course back in early high school, neither my friend nor I understood that most of Sade's writings were actually a critique of the French Enlightenment and subsequent bureaucratic censorship, so we were evaluating the writing pretty much at face value. And I'm sorry, but I don't get turned on by a syphilitic servant raping a young woman's overbearing mother, whose orifices are then sewn shut by said daughter so that she will doubtlessly become infected. Not my thing.

Desire

No comments: