Music and smut from Jefferson, providing a soundtrack to One Life, Take Two.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself



Dusty Springfield


File this song under "fresh separation." I played it when my marriage ended. I was completely at a loss for how to organize my time. I would come home from work and just . . . blank. Read for six hours. Watch television. Cruise online. Drink. Wait to feel sleepy enough to sleep, but I couldn't sleep. Play this song again. Sing at the computer screen.

Lo and behold, the White Stripes picked it up. So now I can pole dance to it. Or whatever.

I guess a video director like Sofia Coppola can always hire a stripper like Kate Moss if she just doesn't know what to do with herself. Skinny super models pouting for cameras is the apex of sexuality, after all.

Dusty's poles are all horizontal PVC pipes. Ain't she hotter?

Forget the celebrity trash. Let's dust the lines from the mirror and have a scotch, neat.

No comments: