Music and smut from Jefferson, providing a soundtrack to One Life, Take Two.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lovelife



lush


for the longest time, i couldn't listen to lush without thinking about alec. the first night i met him, we drunkenly stumbled back to my place after drinking our way through a favorite local bar's awesome beer selection. as we passed his car, he stopped to pull a cd out of the stereo and brought it back to my place. it was lush's spooky and as the music played, we made out like teenagers and fell asleep together on my tiny twin mattress in the house i shared with two other girls. we spent that summer drinking our way through his new film budget, going to wild, kinky parties that lasted into the wee hours of each night, fucking like crazy and hibernating in his house with his rather impressive movie collection. three months later, he told me he was in love with another woman. a couple months later, they were married.

(and then quickly divorced, or so i heard.)

my newfound fondness for lush was soon accompanied by bitter memories. but then during my spring break last year, i headed west to spend a few days with madeline, who on my last afternoon with her, put lush's split into her stereo, ordered me to strip and then climbed on top of me and had her way with me.

so uh, problem solved.

meg

1 comment:

Madeline Glass said...

Lemme just point out the obvious thread: the opening bars of this song remind me of the opening bars of "If You Were Here" by the Thompson Twins which is the song playing at the end of Sixteen Candles when Sam thanks Jake for "getting [her] undies back" and they're sitting on the dining room table and there's a birthday cake between them and they kiss and you're all like, "awwwwww! I wanna kiss Jake Ryan!"

So, yeah, you should come visit again. I still have the CD.