Music and smut from Jefferson, providing a soundtrack to One Life, Take Two.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Love Me Like You



The Magic Numbers


Cody asked how I heard of the Magic Numbers. I first recall this song from about three years ago. It works as brilliant pop, but also, it had a sweet bitterness, as if we could all sing along to shared despair, perhaps even, given the backing vocals, despair to which we had contributed.

It resonates for me. I go about thinking I should only say nice things. Be nice, say only say nice things. But then, there it is, so nicely said . . .

All those years gone by, I only want to find a way to make it hard for you

Speaking of magic numbers, I still get verklempt about the man, the woman and the little baby they had.



Schoolhouse Rock

No comments: